Teflon or PTFE Liner (Hydrothermal Synthesis Inner Chamber)
The Teflon liner is an inner vessel of a hydrothermal autoclave reactor, made up of the Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE). The Teflon is a commercial name of the PTFE; hence it is known as Teflon inner liner. Since it is a chemically inert material, it does not react with the solvent or any chemical used during the hydrothermal reaction. It is white and shiny in appearance.
We produce Teflon inner vessel in a variety of capacity such a 10ml, 25ml, 50ml, 100ml, 150ml, 200ml, 250ml, 300ml, 400ml, 500ml, 1 liter, 1.5 liter, and 2 liters. The dimension of the liners changes as per the capacity of the vessel. The vessel is produced in such a method that it should fit properly in the stainless-steel vessel. The vessel’s lid is completely airtight to avoid leakages.
It is highly stable at high temperatures. Generally, the Teflon chamber operates at 220 °C, while the safe temperature is 200 °C. It may deform in shape if the temperature reaches beyond 220 °C. It is always advisable to clean the vessel before using it for the next reaction properly. It is stored in a cool place to avoid deformation.
We manufacture the Teflon liner; hence, we offer customization to our customers as per their necessity. We supply this with reactor setup and as a spare part separately.
The Hydrothermal Autoclave Reactor is used to carry hydrothermal reactions at high pressure and high temperature. Hydrothermal synthesis reactor generally comes in two varieties; the first is Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) or Teflon lined hydrothermal autoclave reactors and the second is PPL lined autoclave. Hydrothermal reactor mainly made up of two parts; outer high-quality stainless-steel jacket and inner Teflon liner or Teflon chamber. In the Teflon-lined autoclave, the reaction is carried out at maximum 240-degree Celsius (428 Fahrenheit), while the safe temperature is 200-degree Celsius (392 Fahrenheit). PPL lined reactor used for the reaction operates at a higher temperature, where the safe temperature will be 260-degree Celsius (500 Fahrenheit) and the maximum operating temperature is 280-degree Celsius (536 Fahrenheit). This product is extensively used in the scientific laboratory, research and development labs, institutional organizations, quality analysis section in industries, etc.
1. Place the Autoclave and sterilizing material on the table or on the shelf.
2. Twist the screw-type threaded primary SS cap (SS Alloy 304) in an anticlockwise direction until it has been opened.
3. There are 2 types of SS gasket/lid in the reactor, 1 is on the bottom side and another is on top of the Teflon vessel chamber.
4. Lift the top SS gasket or lid and take-out milky white color PTFE/Teflon reaction chamber.
5. Now fill solvent (as per liner’s capacity) in the reaction chamber and seal it.
6. Make sure that the Teflon cap should be air-tight to avoid pressure leakage.
7. Place Teflon or PTFE liner in a stainless-steel chamber.
8. Keep the top gasket over the vessel and make sure that the Teflon-lined vessel is placed properly in the Stainless-Steel chamber.
9. Then twist the primary SS cap in a clockwise direction until it does not turn anymore.
10. The secondary SS cap has been given at the top of the primary cap for extra tightening to avoid pressure leakages.
11. Rotate the primary SS cap in the clockwise direction with the help of a locking rod for additional tightening.
12. Placed the hydrothermal autoclave in oven or furnace and heat it till reactor’s safe temperature.
13. Increase the temperature of the oven and set the heating rate at 5 deg C/minute only.
14. A researcher can heat the hydrothermal autoclave to 200 deg C for safe use.
15. After completion of the hydrothermal synthesis reaction, the autoclave’s cooling rate will be 5 deg C/minute.
16. Make sure that after completion of the process clean PTFE or Teflon liner properly for reuse.